Shopify utilises a "Compare At" field to determine whether to show if a product is on sale at a discounted price.
This field can be populated through the Retail Express connector depending on a series of conditions. If these conditions are met, the RRP field from Retail Express is synchronised to update the "Compare At" field.
Note: If these conditions are not met the Compare At field will not be populated via the Retail Express Shopify Connector Integration.
|Retail Express Price Field*||Condition||Compare At synchronised||Effect on Order in Retail Express|
|RRP||Field is blank||No||-|
|Web Price||Web Price value is less than the RRP value||Yes||Discount added to the sale|
|Web Price||Web Price value is equal to or more than the RRP value||No||-|
|Outlet POS Price||Outlet POS Price is less than the RRP value||Yes||Product price adjusted, no visible discount|
|Outlet POS Price||Outlet POS Price is equal to or more than the RRP value||No||-|
|Master POS Price||Master POS price is less than the RRP value||Yes||Product Price adjusted, no visible discount|
|Master POS Price||Master POS Price is equal to or more than the RRP value||No||-|
*Note that the Retail Express price fields will still respect the hierarchy as covered in the Synchronised Fields "Standard Pricing" section:
- The "top of the chain" is the Web Sell Price. If this field has been populated it will be synchronised as the product price. It is the "Master" that takes priority over all other prices.
- If the Web Sell Price is blank, Retail Express will send the Outlet Specific Price, based on the Outlet set as the "Sales Outlet" within the Shopify Integration settings.
- If there is no Outlet Specific price, the Master POS Price is used.
Multiple Shopify store integrations:
If using multiple Shopify store integrations you should keep in mind the following rules:
- The RRP and Web Price fields are Global, meaning that if a product has a value in either of these fields the information will be synchronised to all stores
- Product prices can be different between stores by using a different outlet-specific price for each store (the stores will need to have different Sales and Pricing Outlets - it's recommended to have a dedicated web store outlet in these cases)
- Without an RRP price no promotional price will be visible on Shopify i.e. there won't be a price with the crossed-out effect
Product showing a promotional price via RRP
Product without an RRP price and using an outlet-specific price of $15