Generate sales and advanced cash flow while getting ahead of your competitors with the new Shopify Pre-Orders feature!
With Pre-Orders you can begin selling products to your customers before they've arrived. Sell from existing stock already on-order, or create new Purchase Orders as customers place their orders.
- Independent configuration for each Shopify Store connected to Retail Express
- Manage which products are available for Pre-Order
- Allow an unlimited number of Pre-Orders, or limit the number of Pre-Orders based on the incoming quantity for this product on one or more Purchase Orders (see image below for more detail)
- Display ETA Dates to customers, so they understand when Purchase Orders are expected to arrive
Pre-Orders has been designed to work in conjunction with third-party Shopify Pre-Order apps. Which one you select will depend on your business requirements. To achieve the maximum customer experience, the Pre-Orders feature requires the third-party app to:
- Change the Add to Cart behaviour to display "Preorder Now"
- Display badges to highlight products as Pre-Order
- Add Notes to Orders in the cart/checkout to highlight the Pre-Order items
- Display custom content or enforce custom rules regarding "mixed product" orders i.e. Pre-Order products with items already in stock
Retail Express has personally tested and recommend the Pre-Order Now app.
Ready to get started? Take a look at the following articles to find out more and begin using Pre-Orders on your Shopify Store: