Once the Return is In Progress you will be able to cancel items, rather than delete them. The item will remain on the Return but with a status of "Cancelled" so you can review the progress of this item in the future.
If a supplier rejects a claim, you can cancel the item and the inventory will be moved back to its original "Return From" location. From there you may wish to manually adjust the item as a write-off.
You can also use the Cancel Items function if the supplier has sent you a replacement, or has now provided you with items that were short shipped.
Use the Notes field to keep a record of what happened against the item for future reference.
- Navigate to Inventory > Supplier Returns
- A list of all Supplier Returns will be displayed
- Locate the Supplier Return with the product to be cancelled
Click the Column Headings to sort the data - you can click multiple times for ascending and descending, and multiple columns for multi-level sorting
- Click the Pencil icon to edit the Supplier Return
- Enter Notes against the items e.g. the reason the product has been cancelled
You will be unable to add/edit notes once the item has been cancelled
- Click the item to be cancelled; to select multiple items tick the box in the first column
You can only select products from the same page - if you have multiple pages you will need to navigate to each page to select all items
- Click Process Items
- Select Cancel Item(s)
- The item will be updated and the Status column will show Cancelled
- The inventory will be updated if the product had a "Return From" option selected (Available or Faulty) to decrease the "On Return" quantity and increase the Available/Faulty quantity