You can temporarily override the price of a product within POS by editing any of the following fields:
- Disc $
- Disc %
- Order Total (applies an even discount across all products)
The amendment will only apply for this sale only, and not affect the product on a permanent basis. Any changes to the product ongoing, or for a date range (for example during a sale period) would need to be done through the Retail Express Back Office. Refer to the Products - Edit Products article for more information.
Did you know: Retail Express has a Maximum Discount feature to control the maximum allowed discount amount by staff.
Editing Pricing and Discounts
- Click on the field you would like to modify: Price, Disc $ or Disc %
- The field will become editable
- Type in the new value for the product
- Press Enter on the keyboard or click outside the box using a mouse
- POS will update the Price, Disc $ and Disc % values for the product to reflect the new price
- The Total for that row will be updated (using the Qty and the Price to calculate to the new total)
Order Total Discount:
- Click the field you would like to modify on the order summary toolbar: Disc $, Disc % or Order Total
- A window will pop up to enter the new value
- Type the new value, either the discount in $ or % value or the new total value of the sale
- Click Done
Tip: to reset prices back to standard click the Order Total field, select Reset Pricing and click OK (this button is also available in the Disc $ and Disc % popo-up windows on the order level). The system will reconfirm the prices based on the product settings, close the window and display the new prices on the POS window.