Once a payment has been processed against a sale, it can only be refunded (not deleted) to ensure an improved audit trail and improved security. This method is only intended where a payment has been entered incorrectly and needs to be updated, and should not replace the Refund functionality.
To reverse a payment:
- Click the Reverse arrow next to the payment
- Click OK to confirm the reversal
- Click Yes
- The Payment Reversal line will be added to the sale
If the sale is a Cash & Carry sale you will need to enter a payment before the sale can be finalised.
- Enter a new payment as required
- The reversed payment will be displayed on the customer invoice (along with any new additional payments)