The Customer Manager tool allows you to search and edit your customers, while simultaneously reporting on useful information at a glance. You can also create a customer directly from the Customer Manager tool.
- Navigate to Customers > Customers (also available via Reports > Customer Reports > Customers or the "Customers" option from the Quick Links)
- Use the Search Filters (see below for detailed information on each filter)
Tip: The Name fields support partial searches e.g. searching for the First Name "im" would display all results containing "im" - Imogen, Jim, Tim etc.
- Click Search
- The Search Results will be displayed
Click to view full size
- To sort the results in a specific order click on each column heading; repeat to reverse the order between Ascending and Descending
- To Edit the customer click the Customer No. field or the Pencil icon
- To create a new CRM Contact (i.e. comments on an interaction with the customer) click the Person icon
Related: For information on entering comments see POS - Public/Private Customer Comments)
- Click Print Report to print the results to a printer
- Click Export to Excel to download the results into a compressed zip file (the file is compressed due to the large amount of data - open the zip file to locate the spreadsheet)
Tip: The export file can be used for reporting purposes, or even as a template for Mail Merges/EDMs as it contains names, addresses and contact information. For even more functionality refer to the Customer Activity Report - bulk create Gift Vouchers, modify Price Groups and more.
|Customer Number||Reference number internally assigned by Retail Express - this could be in the format of 300053 or for newer records AA-123456. Used for internal identification purposes only|
|Company||The Company name|
|First Name||The contact's first name|
|Last Name||The contact's last name/surname|
|The contact's email address|
|Points Balance||If Loyalty has been enabled and the customers are accruing points, this field will display the total outstanding points yet to be redeemed|
|Points Earned||If Loyalty has been enabled and the customers are accruing points, this field will display the total points earned by the customer|
|Account Customer||Tick this option to filter by customers configured as an Account Customer|
|Created Date From/To||Used to select a date range of when the customer record was added to the Retail Express database|
|Last Updated From/To||Used to select a date range of when the customer record was last updated e.g. the address details were updated. This includes any modifications made by editing the customer in POS|