If a Customer has overpaid their account you can create a Credit Note to absorb that payment and make the Credit Note available to apply to future invoices.
To do this you will need to:
- Identify how much the Customer has overpaid their account
- Create a new sale in POS for a Gift Voucher/Credit Note
- Add a Gift Voucher - Credit Note to the value of the over-payment on the Product tab
- Add the Customer on the Customer tab
- On the Payment tab you can add the overpayment from the customer (so the value has been allocated to the credit note immediately) or finalise the sale and apply the customer overpayment through the Account Payments screen instead.
This will create a credit on their account that can be used from POS or the Account Payments screen in Back Office. The credit note will also be displayed on their Account Statement to make them aware that they have an outstanding credit as well.