The Customer Types feature allows you to create unique Customer Type categories to suit your business. Using these labels, you can filter your customers in popular reports, like the Customer Activity Report, Sales Report, and more.
You can even assign the Customer Type right from within POS - no need to update the details in Back Office.
To create a Customer Type:
- Navigate to Settings > Customer Types
- Enter a Name
- To begin using the new Customer Type immediately tick the Is Active option
- Click Create
- The new Customer Type will be added to the list at the bottom
The default Customer Type will be assigned to all new customers automatically. To assign a new default:
- Create the Customer Type as per the previous steps
- Click the Pencil icon for the appropriate Customer Type in the table
- Tick the Is Default option
- Tick the Blue arrow
The default Customer Type will be updated
To delete a Customer Type:
- Click the blue trash can icon
- Click OK
The Customer Type will be deleted.
Note: Some Customer Types are unable to be deleted as they are standard options included with Retail Express e.g. Retail.
Customer Types can be assigned to existing customers at POS, so your staff can update the information quickly and easily!
To assign a Customer Type within POS:
- Click the Customer tab
- Use the Search feature to find a customer (or create a new one)
- Click Edit Customer
- Select the Customer Type from the drop down