Using the Loyalty Expiration feature of Retail Express, you can configure points to expire after a specific number of days. The Expiry Override feature can also be used to exclude certain transactions from the expiry period.
When Loyalty Expiration is enabled points will be calculated daily. All points earned more than the specified period will expire provided that there are no transactions for the customer that meet the override conditions.
- If the override is set to 365 days with no override, every day the system will check for any points earned more than 365 days ago
- Those points will expire and be deducted from the customer's balance
- If an override transaction has been assigned (e.g Sales Order) any customer who has had a Sale in the last 365 days will not have their points expired
To manage your Loyalty Expiration configuration
- Navigate to Settings > POS Settings > Loyalty Configuration
- Click the Loyalty Expiration tab
- Enter the number of days into the Expiry Schedule field
- Assign any transaction types to the Expiry Override by highlighting the transaction type and clicking the right-facing arrow
Tip: These are the transaction types where the Expiry Date will not be applied
- Click Save Changes