In this video we show you how to log in and out of POS from the Back Office of Retail Express. You will need an authorised user's details, and a valid outlet and register.
|00:24||What you'll need|
|00:36||Back Office Register|
|00:56||Disabling Browser Autocomplete|
|01:23||Logging into POS|
|02:00||Logging out of POS|
As you begin to use Retail Express, you’ll become pretty familiar with logging in and out of POS. For example, you’ll need to log in each morning to begin trading. And each time you change any of your POS settings, for example enabling a new Payment Method, you’ll need to log out and in before you can see any changes.
Before you log into POS there’s a few things you’ll need to have available:
- Google Chrome
- The User ID and Password for an account with access to POS
- The name of the Outlet and register to log into. Each outlet includes a default “Back Office” Register, typically used by bookkeepers for entering direct deposits and reconciling online sales. We recommend setting up a separate register for each of your tills at the front of your store to keep track of separate floats and cash ups. See our POS Registers training video for more information.
Let’s get started.
If your browser has an auto complete function this can cause login issues (like inserting an outdated password) so we recommend you disable this feature for your Retail Express database.
This can be done in chrome by:
- Clicking the menu icon (the three dots in the corner)
- The Passwords item in the Auto-fill area
- And toggling off the settings for Offer to save passwords and Auto sign-in
Click the POS button from the Back Office menu.
A new window will open.
Enter the user ID and password.
Once the user account has been verified, any available Outlets and Registers the user has access to will become available to select.
The Home Landing page will load. This is the main hub for POS, where you can create new sales and returns, do a cash up, perform searches and more. See our POS training videos for more information on navigating your way around.
At the top of the screen you will be able to see the Outlet and the Register you’re currently logged into.
To log out, click the Log Out button at the top; you will be returned to the login screen. If you do not see this screen, you have not logged out successfully.
Do not close the browser or the tab using the X button. Closing the browser window or tab will not log you out of POS.