The Accounts Receivable Balance Report details all transactions that contribute to the current balance in your Accounts Receivable account as at a specific date.
- Account sales includes all sales made to an Account Customer, even if they are sold as "Cash and Carry". These will all move through your debtors account in your accounting package.
- Your Accounts Receivable sales will move through a General Ledger Asset account, not your linked control account for Trade Debtors.
- Sales are flagged at the time they are committed. If a customer has their account terms removed, any sales created prior will continue to be considered account customer sales.
To use the Accounts Receivable Balances Report:
- Navigate to: Reports > Accounting Reports > Accounts Receivable Balances Report
- Select the As At Date i.e. the date you would like to see the balance for
- Select whether to Include Promotional Vouchers in the balance
Promotional Vouchers issued via the Customer Activity Report are "Unpaid", and will be uploaded to the Accounts Receivable account for manual handling.
- Update the remaining Filters as required
- Click Search
- The results will be displayed grouped by Order Number
For more information on these figures please refer to the Accounting Integration articles.