Version Note: Retail Express Shopify Connector
Shopify sales should be processed in Retail Express as the "point of truth" for inventory. For detailed information on the synchronisations that occur during the Order Synchronisation process please refer to the article Understanding the Shopify Order Synchronisation.
Process a refund? View the detailed step-by-step guide here.
Process Transfers (Multi-Store only)
Depending on whether the inventory was sourced from, the stock may need to be transferred between Outlets before being sent to the customer.
If you would prefer not to Transfer stock, we recommend enabling Split Web Order Fulfilment for future orders, or edit the current sale to change the Source and Fulfilment Locations to be the same one.
Fulfil the sale
Fulfilment can be completed using either of the following methods:
- Fulfilment Report (great for efficiently managing bulk orders)
- POS (when processing sales individually by either opening the sale from the Web Alert or using the Lookup feature).
You can email customers directly from POS at the time of dispatching an order e.g. "Your order has been processed." It's recommended to amend your POS Email Template to ensure the External Order Reference has been included on the email to display the Shopify invoice number.
Adding tracking numbers allows both your business and your customer to see the package is on the way, including an estimated time of delivery.
Retail Express integrates with Shippit for advanced shipping and order fulfilment
To add Tracking Numbers to an order in Shopify:
- Log into Shopify
- Open the Orders page
- Click on the appropriate order
- Click Add tracking
- Enter the Tracking number
- The Tracking URL field will appear - leave blank and move to the next step
- Select a Carrier (if the required Carrier isn't displayed click "Other", and enter a Tracking URL if known)
- By default the option Send notification email to customer will be selected, untick if this should not be sent to the customer
- Click Save
The tracking information will be updated and emailed to the customer.
Reminder: Transactions from online stores will be added to the Back Office register; you should process a Cash Up/End of Day to reconcile the income accordingly.
Reporting on Shopify Sales
When a Shopify sale is created in Retail Express the following occurs:
- The sale is created using the "Shopify Integration" Sales Person
- and can be filtered by the Order Source of "Shopify". This is useful when viewing reports within Retail Express, for example the Sales Report or the Fulfilment Report.
Frequently Asked Questions
If an order needs to be cancelled and refunded or a product is returned, this will need to be managed in both systems independently. Refer to the article Integrated web stores - Managing Refunds/Cancellations of web orders for details.
Total order discounts are applied to all products in an order, while item specific discounts (for example Buy One Get One Free) are applied to the relevant products when the order is synchronised to Retail Express.
As part of setting up the integration a new Sales Person will be created called "Shopify Integration", assigned to all sales within Retail Express created via Shopify. This enables you to report on any Shopify sales within Retail Express where a Sales Person can be selected e.g. the Sales Report
Tip: You can also use the Order Source of "Shopify" or "Web Service" where this filter exists on any reports
Want more information? View all Shopify articles.