Vouchers are store credit, where the Voucher can be used later as payment for a sale. gift cards, or in exchange for refunds.
Vouchers can be created:
- In POS (individually on a sale)
- Via Back Office (bulk create vouchers using the Customer Activity Report)
To configure your Voucher Settings:
- Navigate to Settings > POS Settings > Voucher Settings
- Click the Pencil icon to edit the appropriate Voucher Type
- Update the fields as required (see below for details)
- Click the blue arrow on the right to confirm the changes
Note: You will need to log out and in of POS to see the changes
The Voucher Types within Retail Express.
Account Customers: We recommend using Credit Notes for Account Customers so the credit will be displayed on the Account Payments Report.
Default text to be displayed on printed vouchers e.g. Terms and Conditions.
Tip: You can enter the text placeholders for [[Voucher Type]] and [[Company]] to automatically insert this information e.g. [[Company]] would be replaced with "Retail Company" on the Voucher.
|Voucher Validity Period||
The expiry period for the voucher.
Note: As of 1st November 2019 all vouchers must have a voucher expiry of at least 3 years unless the voucher fits a specific requirement. For more information refer to the ACCC website.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, once a voucher passes it's validity date it is cancelled and cannot be reactivated for use.
There are a number of options available, depending on how you wish to serve the customer:
- Create a new voucher for the customer via the Customer Activity Report as it doesn't require you to take payment for the voucher
Note for Account Customers: vouchers created in this way will need to be "paid" at POS. If payment is not made the voucher will appear on the Statement with a Balance Outstanding - refer to the next point.
- Create a new voucher at POS and use the Payment Type "None" to take payment. The new voucher is then available to be used immediately for customer purchases resulting in either full or partial redemption of the new voucher
- Honour the existing voucher by using the Payment Type "None" at POS, replacing where you would normally enter the voucher
Note: it is recommended to use this option with caution - as you don't want to honour the same voucher multiple times for a customer
You can create vouchers in bulk via the Customer Activity Report. For detailed information, please see: Customer Activity Report > Actions tab > Create a Gift Voucher for all these customers to a Value of $.
You can review and adjust your Voucher Settings via: Settings > POS Settings > Voucher Settings.