The Purchase Order Error Manager (POE Manager) is used to manage any discrepancies or variances between a Purchase Order and Stock Receipt when you haven't received all of the stock from your supplier.
When processing a Stock Receipt there are two options available for processing Purchase Order discrepancies:
- Allow all item discrepancies to go through to POE Manager - all discrepancies are forwarded to the POE to be actioned (this option is selected by default)
- Automatically put all item discrepancies onto Back-order - the quantity of stock not received is automatically placed on Back -Order. The entire PO status is updated to "Back-Order", which allows you to retain the original PO number for receipt of the Products when they do arrive per your normal procedure.
Note: If using Special Orders you should select to put discrepancies Back-Order, so the link between the PO and the Customer Sale is retained.
To use the POE Manager:
- Navigate to Inventory > PO Management > POE Manager
- Enter the Search Criteria to filter your results
- Click Search
- A list of Products will be displayed
- Click the PO # to view the Purchase Order
- Click the Product Name to edit the product
- To action the product click the Pencil icon
- The Edit PO window will be displayed
- A list of actions will be displayed (see below for more information, or click the View Legend button on the main screen)
- Enter the quantity into the appropriate line
- Press OK to the warning about updating inventory
- If Re-ordering stock you will be reminded the PO will be created as Incomplete, press OK
- The products will be updated/Purchase Orders created (if applicable) as required.
Acknowledges the stock variance and assumes the shortfall will NOT be provided at a later date.
Raise a Credit with the Supplier manually.
Product remains in POE Manager, with the Qty entered in the POE column now showing in the "CRED" column
Tip: This is a handy way of reporting what needs to be raised for credit from that supplier.
Assumes the stock variance will be provided at a later date
Places the POE quantity onto Back Order
Products are still associated with the original PO number and ready to be receipted when they arrive.
Creates a new PO (with new PO number) for the POE quantity
Products that originated from the same original PO will be grouped onto a new single PO where possible
The original Supplier will be associated with the order, which will be created with the status of Incomplete - you will need to to update the status to On-Order prior to being able to receive the stock
|Write-Off/Adjustment||Removes the remainder of Products from On-order status|
|POE Comment||A free text field allowing you to enter any required comments|
Displays the reason selected for sending the product to the POE Manager (view only - cannot be edited)
Tip: To manage or create custom POE Reasons to select when performing a Stock Receipt navigate to: Settings > Purchase Orders Setup > POE Reasons
Want more information? Find related articles here: