Lay-bys can be cancelled if the customer doesn't want the product anymore, or if the Lay-by time has expired and the customer has not paid for the product.
To refund a layby item to a customer:
- Open POS
- Click Returns
- Enter a valid User ID
- Use the filters to find the original sale
If the sale isn't displayed, the user may be restricted from viewing sales for that Outlet.
- Use the button in the Select column to select the sale with the product to be cancelled/refunded
- Click Next
- Enter the Layby Qty to Cancel
- Press Next
- Select a Return Reason
- Click Create Refund
- The original sale will open with the cancelled product crossed out
- If charging the customer a termination fee add the product to the sale
- Refund the customer if required (confirm the legal obligations regarding refunds for Lay-bys)