Fixed Price Groups are used to apply an exact product price for any customer assigned to the Price Group. Products can be priced independently for each Fixed Price Group e.g. $25.50 for Wholesalers, $27.90 for Resellers.
Fixed Price Groups are ideal for:
- Local tradesmen
- Sporting groups
- Loyalty customers
- Anyone whoever you'd like to receive a special price for a product
To create a new Fixed Price Group:
- Navigate to Settings > Price Groups > Price Groups (Fixed)
- Enter a Group Name
- Click Insert
To edit the name of an existing price group:
- Click the Pencil icon
- Update the name
- Click the blue tick icon
To add Fixed Prices for products there are two options:
- Manually - editing individual products one-by-one
- Bulk - Using the Fixed Price Group Mass Download/Upload feature
To edit the fixed product prices manually:
- Edit a product (either by entering a Product Code into the lookup box in the top right-hand corner of Back Office or by using Product Search/Product Search & Management)
- Click the Pricing tab
- Scroll down to the Price Groups (Fixed) section
- Enter a Price (including tax) into the Price Inc field for the appropriate Fixed Price Group
- Click Save Changes
Note: To delete a price, highlight the price, click Delete on the keyboard to clear the field and click Save Changes.
You can use the Fixed Price Group Mass Download/Upload process to enter fixed prices for multiple products and multiple groups at one time.
Note: This feature is only available for Fixed Price Groups. Regular Price Groups prices are calculated using the formulas configured in the Price Groups configuration settings.
- Navigate to Settings > Price Groups > Price Groups Mass Download (Fixed)
- Use the Filters to narrow the search as required
- Click Export to Excel
Note: To download a version that excludes Supplier Buy Prices click Customer Copy
- Open the downloaded file
- The Fixed Price Group columns are on the right-hand side
- Update the prices as required (or enter new prices into the cells)
- Save the file
- In Retail Express navigate to Settings > Price Groups > Price Groups Mass Upload (Fixed)
- Click the Upload Excel tab
- Click Select
- Browse to your file
- Click Upload
- Once finished a message will be displayed "Upload Complete"
To assign customers to Price Groups you will need to edit the customer and select the group. This can be done either individually or in bulk:
- Individually - this can be done either via Back Office or through POS
- In bulk - using the Customer Mass Download/Upload feature
Once assigned the customer will receive the price at POS automatically. If there is a better price available, for example, a promotion or discount on the product, the customer will automatically receive the best price.
Click the links above to view more details on assigning your customers to Price Groups.
Yes! You are able to create and activate both Price Groups AND Fixed Price Groups.
For further information on dollar or percentage discount Price Groups please see Create and Edit Price Groups