Find FAQs and related articles at the bottom of this page
The Fulfilment Report is designed to allow you to locate orders awaiting processing and dispatch. This report can be used for:
- In-store orders - e.g. when having products delivered at home via courier or delivery service, or if being picked up from another location (warehouse, another store etc)
- Online orders through an integrated web store
Each individual product within each Order is listed, allowing you to address your fulfilment at an individual Product level. i.e. you can choose to fulfil some items on an order and leave others for future Fulfilment. This can be especially beneficial if you offer home deliveries or you're a retailer that sends out several orders worth of products via large deliveries at pre-scheduled times.
In this article:
To use the Fulfilment Report:
- Navigate to Inventory > Fulfilment Report
Tip: You can also access the Fulfilment Report from the Quick Links drop-down
- Update the Search Fields as required (see below for detailed information)
- Click the Refine Search section to expand the detailed search filters e.g. specific Outlets, Order or Delivery status etc
- Click Search
- Any orders and products matching the filters will be displayed on the Results tab
- Use the Results tab to dispatch products (refer to the Results tab section below for detailed information)
- Use the Saved List to save the products that have been sent for dispatch without actually fulfilling the sale (where the fulfilment will be updated later - refer to the Saved Lists section below for more detail)
The Search Fields and Refine Search filters assist you in targeting the Customer Invoices and Products to be fulfilled. For example, if you receive stock from a supplier based on a Purchase Order, you can use the Purchase Order Number field to search for Invoices or Products specific to that Purchase Order.
|Invoice Number||The Customer's Invoice Number in Retail Express|
|Product PLU Code||Product ID or Supplier SKU|
|Customer Name||The Customer's name (can be either first, last or both)|
|Ordered From/Ordered To||Used to select a particular date range the Invoice was created within e.g. the previous calendar day to see any new orders that need to be dispatched|
|External Order Reference||
Used to search for an Invoice Number from another system e.g. if using the Shopify integration you can search for the Shopify Order Number
Tip: This number can also be entered via POS or any integration using the Webstore/eCommerce integration that sends this information from the external system
|Only Show Stock Available for Picking||When ticked, the results will only show the products available to dispatch to the customer|
|Delivery From and To||
Returns only products that had a manual Fulfilment/Delivery Date entered when sold (at POS) AND whose Fulfilment Date is within the range.
Note: This will ignore all products that did not have a manual Fulfilment/Delivery date entered when sold.
|Purchase Order Number||
Used to search for products ordered on the specified Purchase Order number
|Purchase Order Options||
For example if an order contains Product A and Product B, and Product A was ordered on the Purchase Order listed in the Purchase Order Number, ticking this check box will show both Product A and Product B in the results, while un-ticking this check box will ONLY display Product A.
The Default sorting is via Invoice Date. Select from the drop-down menu for any other preference.
By default Special Orders are not included in the results for Fulfilment. You can choose to isolate only sales containing Special Order items, or all sales (regular and Special Orders).
Note: Customer orders where the Special Order items are not available to be fulfilled will not be displayed in the search results.
The staff member who processed the original Invoice.
The Results tab displays detail on each individual product to be dispatched to customers. Invoices with multiple products will be split with each product on a separate line (if there are multiples of the same product on the same invoice these will be combined on one line).
The results tab can be used to:
- Dispatch products
- Enter reference notes
- Select a zone, time and driver to organise delivery efficiently
- Printing - reports, pick lists, run sheets, labels, invoices etc.
The results are displayed with the oldest Invoices at the top to assist with actioning these outstanding invoices first.
When a sale is Fulfilled the stock will be removed from the Allocated status, and the order will be marked as Complete.
You can use any of the following three methods to fulfil and dispatch products:
|Use the Dispatch (Disp) column||Manually enter the quantity of products being sent to the customer in the Dispatch (Disp) column|
|Scanning products using the PLU Scan field||
Click into the PLU Scan field and begin scanning products using a barcode scanner. The system will search and match against either the Supplier SKU or Product ID, and increase the Dispatch (Disp) column for the first result in the list each time a match is found.
Note: where you have multiple line orders for the same Product (ie: multiple invoices for differing customers awaiting the same Product) the PLU Scan will increase the Disp column for the first result in the list. Once the first matching Product in the list has the full Order quantity entered into the Disp column, the search will move to the next matching Product, and so on until the last barcode is scanned.
|Using the "Copy Across" button (bottom of the screen)||
Clicking the Copy Across button automatically populates the Dispatch (Disp) column with the full ordered quantity.
Note: please exercise caution in using the Copy Across function. Bulk Fulfilment of orders processed in this way cannot be reversed.
To dispatch products:
- Update the Disp quantity using one of the methods described above
- Click Save to save the dispatched quantities but not update the inventory yet (i.e. the sales will not be fulfilled and the stock will not be removed from the Allocated status, however the sale will not show on the Fulfilment Report for subsequent searches)
Tip: This method is beneficial when you prefer to update the inventory only after delivery has been confirmed e.g. at the end of the day when the courier returns to the warehouse. Refer to the Saved Lists tab below for more information on this process
- Click Submit to fulfil the products immediately, complete the Invoice and update the inventory
There are many other benefits to the Fulfilment Report beyond just updating the dispatch quantities. For example, you can coordinate delivery drivers by allocating a Zone or Driver, and your Warehouse staff by printing out Pick Lists ready to use for packing your stock. See below for detailed information on each option.
Used to enter a note for the Delivery Driver when using the a Runsheet
Note: This will only work if using the Save List function
|Zone, Time and Driver||
Select Zone, Time and Driver (previously configured options) from he drop-down options to better organise the delivery and manage Fulfilment.
For example if you run the Fulfilment Report and sort by Suburb, you could assign all deliveries within the suburbs to a Zone. The nearest suburbs could be assigned earliest time and the farthest with the latest time. These could all still be assigned to a single driver, and assists the driver with planning a route for deliveries.
Generates a Pick List in Microsoft Excel format to assist staff with picking the products for fulfilment.
Note: Invoices are consolidated, where multiple Products exist on the same Invoice number within the Results, a single Invoice is generated. This can be used if you'd like to include a copy of the A4 Invoice with the goods being delivered to the customer.
There are three different Run Sheets available, each providing different information. These are to be provided to your Delivery Drivers.
Each Run Sheet has a different combination of:
You should review each Run Sheet to determine which is the most suitable to your specific business requirements.
The Saved Lists feature of the Fulfilment Report is designed to enter a suggested dispatch quantity without actually updating the order or the inventory.
- Products within Saved Lists have NOT had the Products Submitted for Fulfilment yet
- Products added to Saved Lists will NOT appear in the Fulfilment Report for other users (unless a search is performed for a specific customer)
To use Saved Lists:
- Perform a search for products/orders using the Fulfilment Report Search Fields and Filters
- Update the Disp quantity using the Results tab
Important: Do not click Submit
- Enter a name in the Save As field
- Click Save
- To access the saved list at the end of the day navigate to Inventory > Fulfilment Report > Saved Lists
- Click the Pencil icon to rename the list
- Click the Magnifying Glass icon to open the list in the Results tab
- Update the Disp quantities for your stock
- Click Submit to finalise the Fulfilment and update the Inventory levels
If you have in-house delivery drivers you may find that at the end of the day you frequently have stock that was unable to be delivered to the customer. When the courier returns to your Warehouse with the product you would have to process a Refund within POS to show you still had the stock in your Outlet, ensuring accurate inventory levels.
By saving the list, you can remove the products from Fulfilment Report searches so you don't accidentally send the same product out for delivery more than once. At the end of the day when the courier arrives back at the Warehouse you can update the quantities for the ones that weren't delivered and then submit the Dispatch quantities. The stock that was delivered will be marked as Fulfilled and the sale marked as Complete. The products that weren't delivered won't be updated, and will be available again in subsequent searches using the Fulfilment Report.
If you have a product marked as Available in the system but it's not available for picking, check your Partial Dispatch setting on orders. It may be that you're unable to dispatch the product to the customer because they're waiting for all products on their order to be available.
The Partial Dispatch option for a sale can be found on the Fulfilment tab, and be configured to be enabled by default by editing the POS Settings.
Want more information? Find related articles here: