Find FAQs and related articles at the bottom of this page
The ability to Duplicate a Product allows you to quickly and easily create new products based on existing product information within your database.
Tip: If you have a lot of products to duplicate we recommend using the Mass Download/Upload feature to easily copy information in an Excel spreadsheet and upload into Retail Express
The duplicated Product will have the same Master information as the product it was copied from, excluding:
- Product ID
- Supplier SKU
- Product Type
- Inventory Levels
- Additional Barcodes
You will be prompted to enter the new Supplier SKU and select a Product Type prior to completing creation of the duplicate product.
Duplicate a Product
- Navigate to Inventory > Duplicate a Product
- Enter the Product ID or Supplier SKU of the product you wish to duplicate
- Click Search
- The Results tab will be updated with the information of the product that has been copied
- Enter a unique Supplier SKU
Important: After the product has been created the SupplierSKU2 field will match the original product - you will need to open the product and edit the Supplier SKU2 manually
- Update any other fields if required
- Click Duplicate Product
- A link will be displayed along with the new Product ID
- Click the link to open the new product
- Change the Supplier SKU2 field
- Click Save Changes
Frequently Asked Questions
Products cannot be deleted once they have been created, however they can be disabled. Products can be disabled individually, using Product Search and Management or through the Mass Upload feature. Refer to the Inventory - Disable Products article for more information.
Tip: To exclude disabled products from reports you can rename the products to "Disabled" then assign them to a unique Product Type and Supplier e.g. Disabled. You may need to create the Product Type and Supplier first.
Want more information? Find related articles here: