Accounting Integration Overview
Retail Express offers a variety of integration options, depending on your preferred accounting package.
Retail Express can export information to your accounting package including:
- Stock adjustments
- and more
Review the integration with your Bookkeeper or Accountant
Before proceeding with any change of Accounting package we strongly recommend you review the following articles with your bookkeeper or accountant to ensure the integration is right for your business.
- Accounting Integration Options
- What data will be Integrated to your Accounting Package.
- Accounting Integrations - FAQs
Check existing accounts and balances
There may be manual housekeeping tasks that need to be performed by your Bookkeeper or Accountant to ensure that your accounts and balances are up to date prior to moving forward with a new integration.
Retail Express provides a full host of reports for verifying data integrated to your Accounting Package - refer to the Accounting Reports for a full list.
Click on the headings below to view more detail.
The Manual Integration option is available to use where a direct integration or partner integration is not available. To use the Manual Integration you can select from either of the following options:
- Manual Journals - A Financial Summary Report is available which provides details of Sales, Receipts and Inventory movements. to assist in the creation of manual journals.
- File Upload - Users can download CSV files in the MYOB AccountRight 19+ file format to import summary Sales, Receipts, Supplier Invoice and Inventory Movement via the Accounting Data Export feature. For an automatic solution take a look at the MYOB Cloud integration.
Supported Versions: MYOB AccountRight 19+
Note: While possible, please note Retail Express does not support using the File Upload method with alternate accounting packages. You will need to be able to perform the manual mapping process correctly for this solution to work.
View detailed information here: Accounting Data Export Overview
The Cloud Integration uses automatic, overnight synchronisation with your chosen accounting package - MYOB or Xero. The synchronisation will automatically create journals, daily invoices and more.
For MYOB, the Cloud integration supports AccountRight 2021+ where the Company File is stored online.
For more control over the accounting data, take a look at the Manual Integration method using exported files from Retail Express.
For more detailed information:
For more specific needs or for details on our Partner Accounting Integrations, please contact our Sales team on 1300 674 214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org