Version Note: This article is relevant to Magento 2.1
With your Magento SkyLink integration, it's possible to sell products online straight from a Purchase Order in Retail Express.
In order to do so, there's a few things you need to take into consideration:
- If you don't enable the ETA function, the products that are on-order will show as "In Stock" without an indicator of an availability date.
- Enabling the ETA date allows your customers to see the expected arrival date of the products on the Purchase Order. This will avoid any confusion on delivery time frames.
- Once you update the settings, you will need to wait for the background workers (that manage the synchronisations) to restart. That way they will take the changes into account and update the information accordingly. If you're not sure how to do this, you will need to speak to your developer.
To set the quantity calculation to include products on-order:
- Navigate to: Stores > SkyLink > Configuration > Products
- Locate Quantity Calculation
- Untick Use System Value (by default the tool will use Available)
- Select Available Plus On Order
- Click Save Config to update
To display the ETA date on your product pages:
- Navigate to: Stores > Configuration > Catalog > Inventory
- Set ETA Enabled to Yes
- New fields will be displayed - configure these as required:
- ETA Button Title: the text that appears on the button on the product page
- ETA Disclaimer Label: this text appears when an ETA date has been returned, and can be used for any messages to the customer regarding shipping time frames
- ETA No Date Label: if there is no ETA date set in Retail Express, this text will be displayed instead
- Replace Products availability on Storefront when ETA is showing: This allows you to replace the standard Available/Out of Stock status with your own contents e.g. "Available to Order" or "Out of Stock - on back order". Select Yes to enable this option.
- Label to Replace Products Availability with on Storefront when ETA is showing: Enter the specific text you would like to display as per the previous step
- Click Save Config to update
- The ETA will only show when a product's available quantity is 0 and there is a quantity on order
- Inventory is global, meaning that if you have multiple web sites within Magento they all share the same inventory number, including on order. This is based on the global sales channel
- When querying the ETA, the ETA will check the sales channel based on the web site view (not the global) meaning that it may be looking at outlets based on a different source priority from the global sales channel
If you choose not to use the standard "Replace Products availability on storefront when ETA is showing" option:
- You will need to do some manual adjustments to your theme so that your site is not misleading by advertising stock as being available, when it's actually on-order
- The file "your_theme/Mage_Catalog/templates/product/view/type/default.phtml" will need to be updated by the development team using the code in the file available for download at the bottom of this article
- This will then enable the ETA functionality and you will be able to configure the appropriate status label as required.
- For any queries about manually adjusting your theme, please contact your development team.