This article is relevant to Magento 2.1 only.
When Customers make a purchase on your web store, they can either create an Account (which saves their details), or use the Guest Checkout option.
To enable Retail Express to accept incoming Guest Checkout sales you need to create one "Guest Checkout" Customer Account in Retail Express. This Guest Checkout will act as the incoming Customer Account for those sales (without creating duplicate accounts), and allows all customer invoices and emails to continue to contain their details separately.
Create a Retail Express "Guest Checkout" Customer
- Within Retail Express, navigate to: CRM > Customers
- Click New Customer
- Enter detail into the following fields:
- First name e.g. Guest
- Last name e.g. Checkout
- Click Save
- Make note of the Customer ID that is created, you'll need this for your Magento 2.1 configuration
Note: in order for Guest Checkout to work, you also need to ensure you've Restricted Duplicate Customer Emails
Once completed, log onto your web store to continue.
Magento 2.1 Configuration
Link your web store to the "Guest Checkout" account in Retail Express.
- Login to your Magento 2.1 Admin site
- Navigate to: Stores > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Checkout > Checkout Options
- Enter the Customer ID (as created during Guest Checkout Customer above) into the SkyLink Guest Customer ID field
- Click Save Config
- Once the page has been refreshed, update Allow Guest Checkout to "Yes"
- Press Save Config
Want more information? Find related articles here: