Find FAQs and related articles at the bottom of this page
Customers who purchase from your web store are also automatically created and saved as a Customer in your Retail Express. Once created in your Retail Express database, the Customer record is treated just like a Customer who has physically walked into your retail outlet, and is visible through the same reports.
Likewise, Customers that buy in-store and provide an email address will have an account created on your web store, and will be emailed a password for future access.
This two way communication between Retail Express and your web store allows both your customer and yourself to see a consolidated order, payment and delivery history.
In order for this two way synchronisation to work effectively you need to ensure there are no duplicate customer email accounts in Retail Express.
Removing Current Duplicate Emails:
This process is performed in Retail Express Back Office.
- Perform a Customer Mass Download
- Using the Conditional Formatting function within Excel, find and highlight all duplicate emails (Tip: click here if you need some assistance with Excel functions)
- Change the duplicate email entries to "CLEAR DATA". Upon uploading, CLEAR DATA will delete the existing email in that field.
- Save the Customer Mass Download spreadsheet
- Perform a Customer Mass Upload to apply the changes
Preventing Future Duplicate Emails:
To restrict the creation of duplicate email addresses being entered at POS, amend your customer settings. This setting is disabled in Retail Express Back Office.
- Navigate to: Retail Express Back Office > Settings > POS Settings > Customer Settings.
- Untick the option "Allow Duplicate Customer Emails"
- Press "Save Changes"
Note: you are required to logout completely from POS for these setting changes to take affect.